Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Breath of Purity!

Sinus problem has been my companion every since my birth. Not a single day has passed by without having to sneeze and dry my wet hanky (yeww). Its been a few months that I have come to peace with this thing. After having been to doctors who keep repeating that this cannot be cured, and medicines will only temporarily quench the problem, but in long term will effect the immunity, seems like the same has settled quite well inside my subconscious mind, and it seems like the body picks up the same tone and many a times the problem exaggerates.

My worst days are when I forget to wrap my face with a cloth when I drive to work, or say if there was a bad weather day (of which lately there are frequent days in Bangalore), or if there is any renovation going on in HomeTown (which is quite frequent). The irritation, a dumbed down head because of synarest, crocin, and other such tablets is a very frequent pre good night sleep condition. You wouldn't believe if I said I sneeze almost around 30-50 times continuously on a mildly bad day.

Wondering why I shouldn't be trying Ayurveda? No luck with that too; even Ramdev baba's treatment doesn't seem to have any effect.

Why am I telling all this? the reason is simple. A month back, for an entire week, I never sneezed once, never had a headache, never had to pop a pill! Howzzat? I had been to Himalayas.

On 18th morning, we left to Delhi, and that very night we left to Kalka by train. We reached Kalka by 9 in the morning, and we took a car to Shimla. The temperature was sub 10 degree and definitely freezing for a Bangalorean. But what shocked me for an entire day was the fact that I never sneezed once. As far as I knew, temperature was the key factor in increasing my allergy; but I was thoroughly surprised by the fact that it did not happen.




Then I knew the fact!, Its pollution, pollen and dust of Bangalore which did all the magic! of which there was none in this hilly areas. We continued our journey to Banikhet, where our basecamp for the trek was located, and from there on the second day we trekked to Kalatop which was the place at highest altitude, and with the temperature cracking -2.5 in the night; and to my surprise no allergy and sneeze. I'm still dumbfound by the fact that I never caught cold, neither sneezed, nor did I get any fever. So heavenly was the trip!. After a week we returned to Bangalore.

On our way back in flight, I sneezed, and my friends said "We're in Bangalore" :D

3 comments:

  1. wow.. its really interesting...
    keep updating us about ur sinusssss....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey u should hav stayed bac kanne .bang would hav been heavenly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey , nice blog... I would say, your hometown is not less than any hill station atmost times in the year......

    ReplyDelete